Saturday, February 26, 2011

Do You Like Surprises?

Do you like surprises?

     Honestly thinking about it, I do not, I repeat, do not like surprises. The only surprise I really liked was when Dylan asked to marry me. Even then I kept asking him what he was up to. Surprises are something you cannot plan. If anyone took a second to get to know me, then they would instantly realize, I AM A PLANNER! I sometimes have to plan to be spontaneous! One thing that I love is that Dylan is not a planner. We kind of balance each other out.

    My dad texted me and asked me to do him a favor. I asked him what it was and he said I will tell you AFTER you say yes or no. (Soon I realized he was just messing with me!)

     Would you do someone a favor if you didn't know what it was? That rolls into the surprise category and I got it out of him. He asked me to pick up Sarah Kelly from the Airport! (She is singing a couple of songs at church this weekend!)

(oh and talking about Surprises, someone surprised us by stopping by just now. ha ha... SURPRISE!) 

     Do you like surprises? I realized that starting to plan this wedding a year and a couple months in advance, means that there will be no surprises. Right? I don't know if people understand why I want to start planning this wedding now. It could be just because I want to rush it, it could be because venues and photographers are already booking for 2012 or it could help with paying for it. The list could go on and on but why does it matter? Why should I have to justify my reasonings? 



I don't like Surprises :] Do you?

Samantha




2 comments:

  1. As for your question, would you help a friend with something, even if you didn't know what it was and I would say yes. My friends are important to me, and if they need my help in whatever it is, it may not be something I am comfortable with, but they are my friends and that overrides any uncomfortable feelings I may have.
    And as for planning in advance, no matter how long, I think that shows you to be a responsible young woman and you want to make sure you don't forget anything that is important to you. Everyone is different and yes some people must have lists for everything and others are so sponstaneous, but be the person that God created you to be Sammy and everything else will fall into place. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love surprises, but few can surprise me. I plan everything so wedging in a surprise is rare. (Jason REALLY caught me off guard with his proposal. I didn't even know he was thinking of marriage or looking at rings. I told him not to.) ;)

    Btw, I have to know how long a movie is before I watch it. I have to know how much time is left for them to wrap up the plot and any problems. I also read the last page of the book after I read the first chapter. I have to know what's going on. Does that make me a planning person or someone who spoils surprises? :)

    ReplyDelete