Monday, February 28, 2011

Destination?

There is a new question in the air. Should we have a destination wedding? Dylan and I have been discussing this back and forth about what we really want. I feel like there are benefits to both of these types.

Benefits of Destination                       Benefits of Wedding Here 
-Cheaper                                                 -More people can come
-Smaller Wedding                                    -Can still be Beautiful
-Intimate                                                  -Intimate
-Beautiful Setting                                      -People wouldn't have to fly out or pay for a hotel room.
-Simple to Plan
-Vacation Spot
-Easy access to Cruise line

I called Dylan and asked him what he thought the benefits were for each and the benefits of a destination wedding outweigh the benefits of a wedding here. There are so many people I love and would love to come to a wedding but it may be easier to have a reception after the honeymoon.

I know that it would be hard to have people I love from the church family not be able to come... I am confused about what to do..

-Samantha

"I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you."
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning 

1 comment:

  1. Sammy,
    I am sure this is a difficult decision, so may I suggest that you and Dylan pray together about it. Sometimes it can get quite confusing trying to mesh two styles together, and then you have to worry about what everyone else thinks is best for you two. Remember that God tells us not to worry about ______________(fill in with what you are worrying about). And give it to God, let Him guide you both. Asking God to be part of this decision will be the best choice because then He will be part of your relationship from the very start, if He isn't already. You know, I am not proud to say that I have been married three times (even though only to one person), but whenthe time comes to say I do, you are the one I want to spend my life with, all you really see is the person in front of you. So, whether it is destination or local, that is entirely up to you, Dylan and your families. If I were to do it again (and I am not-ha!), then I would go for a destination wedding with a reception once we got back from our honeymoon. Your wedding will be one of the most important days in both your lives, enjoy it. Don't get so bogged down with the details, that you don't have fun. Hugs to you and good luck on your decision. I am so happy for the both of you.

    ReplyDelete